|The Gift Economy, Anarchism and Strategies for Change|
|Terry Leahy's website|
This section contains chapters from Terry's next book on Philosophy of the Social Sciences. Please note that this book is a work in progress, so some references are incomplete or missing.
On each page, at the top, you will see a link allowing you to download that particular chapter as a PDF file for personal use or study. Please note, that you must have the latest version of Adobe PDF Reader.
The section titles are as follows:
- Preface --- Basic Stuff: Metatheory for the Social Sciences
- Chapter 1 --- Knowledge in the Social Sciences
- Chapter 2 --- Debates about Epistemology in Recent Social Sciences
- Chapter 3 --- Elements of Explanation in the Social Sciences
- Chapter 4 --- What Do Social Scientists Do In Their Accounts?
- Chapter 5 --- How Values come in to the Social Sciences
- Chapter 6 --- Two Examples of Humanist Ethics
- Chapter 7 --- Ethics for Social Scientists Today
- Reflections: Human Nature and the Sociology Textbooks
- Chapter 8 --- Inequality, Exploitation and Gender
- Chapter 9 --- Social Class
- Chapter 10 --- Cross-Over Issues